With it now being March, that means the arrival of early spring is near. The weather is warming up, which also means more moisture will be lingering in the air. For some homeowners, humidity may become an unwelcome and uncomfortable issue. The spring season can be hectic and chaotic, so it’s smart to plan ahead by considering investing in a whole-home dehumidifier. High humidity levels inside your home not only affect your IAQ (indoor air quality) but also diminish the comfort level of you and your family while indoors. With a whole-home dehumidifier, you can maintain an ideal environment in your home with ease! So, allow Five Star Heating & Cooling Group to introduce you to whole-home dehumidifiers and provide all the details you should know about them. Let us help you make sure that your living space is as balanced, safe, and comfortable as possible!
How Can You Tell If the Humidity in Your Home Affects Your Home’s IAQ Negatively?
If you’re on the fence about purchasing a dehumidifier, watch out for these signs that your home could benefit from one:
- If there is a pungent or musty smell somewhere in your home, it is probably because the humidity level has skyrocketed to an intolerable point.
- If you happen to find mold or mildew in any part of your home, it is an unmistakable sign that the humidity levels are too high. Unrelenting moisture creates a hospitable environment for these hazardous contaminants to reproduce and spread throughout your house.
- If you notice water or vapor stains resurfacing on the walls and ceilings of your home, take it as an indication that something more serious is going on.
- Don’t forget to keep an eye out for ceilings, walls, or furniture that appear distorted and wood trim starting to buckle. Warped surfaces are indicators of high levels of humidity.
- Is there condensation on your windows and doors? If so, this is another tell-tale sign of too much moisture in the atmosphere!
- If your basement feels damp, it is likely because the humidity level in your home is too high.
How Does a Dehumidifier Function?
Whether it’s the dampness in your basement or too much moisture in your living room, a dehumidifier is just what you need to bring balance back into your home. After the device detects humidity levels and draws them inside with its fan, it then also purifies it and passes through its internal coils. This process results in the separation of moisture from the air, and its excess moisture is stored in the dehumidifier’s reservoir. Subsequently, the now balanced air is released back into your home and once again in circulation. As a result, you now have optimized IAQ with improved air quality in your home!
WHAT ARE THE PROS OF A DEHUMIDIFIER?
- HEALTH BENEFITS: We are all aware of the damaging consequences that mold and mildew have on our health. Unfortunately, high humidity conditions in our homes provide a perfect breeding ground for these microorganisms to flourish. Therefore, it is critical we strive to maintain superior indoor air quality (IAQ) for optimal well-being. To ensure a safer environment free from airborne contaminants, controlling humidity levels should be at the top of your list! For those with respiratory health issues such as asthma or allergies, pollutants can be especially hazardous. A whole-home dehumidifier may very well be the ideal solution for combating unwanted moisture levels in your home!
- HOME BENEFITS: Not only does regulated humidity in your home keep you comfortable and healthy, but it also ensures the integrity of your belongings. Excessive moisture causes water stains, condensation, and damage to surfaces like walls or furniture. Having a whole-home dehumidifier installed will pay off in multiple ways—especially for those who are avid collectors of antiques or artwork, etc! With this extra protection against damage due to humidity, you can ensure that all delicate items remain safe from wear and tear caused by excessive moisture levels.
What Kind of Maintenance Does a Whole-home Dehumidifier Demand?
When you integrate a whole-home dehumidifier with your HVAC system, regular maintenance is a cinch. All you have to do is keep up with the annual checkups that you normally schedule for your heating and cooling system, and our technicians will take it from there—they’ll inspect your entire system at once! That means no more unnecessary effort or energy on your part. So why not jump in now and experience this convenience firsthand?
Don’t let the problem of controlling humidity levels in your home be daunting. With Five Star Heating & Cooling Group, you don’t have to worry about this ever again! Our experienced technicians can help determine which dehumidifier is best for your house and explain costs to you as well as answer any other queries that may come up. Let us do all the hard work—so a one-time installation setup will ensure optimal comfort in your home forevermore!
Call Five Star Heating & Cooling Group today at (614) 490-7550, or schedule an appointment online now by clicking here!